Pressure cookers have many benefits, the most important one being fast cooking and nutrient preservation in food. Many pressure cookers exist in the market, but not many of them can perform the additional function of canning, which is done by the Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker. This is without a doubt the best pressure cooker of its kind in the market. It is manufactured by Presto, a company seeking to provide their customers with more than just fast cooking, as this pressure cooker is a very dependable cooker, which has canning capabilities. Pressure canning is the safest method to cook low acid foods like meat, and this is made possible with this marvelous pressure canner and cooker. Many people have made their reviews of this product, and they speak for this pressure cooker and canner to the fullest.
Features Of Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
This pressure canner and cooker has many features, which make it stand out among other pressure cookers. Its features include:
It has canning capabilities : it is the only canning way recommended by the US Department of Agriculture for its superb canning of meat, poultry, seafood and vegetables, and as a result any user will experience the best canning ever.
Extra-large size : this huge size makes big canning jobs possible and at the same time comes with a cooking rack to provide better cooking.
Made from wrap-resistant heavy-gauge aluminum : this material makes this pressure canner and cooker very fast and provides for even heating of food. It is also very suitable for smooth-top and regular ranges, which makes it user-friendly to everyone.
Boiling-water canning capabilities : being a large capacity pressure cooker and canner, this capability makes preservation of fruits, jellies, jams, pickles and salsa possible.
Deluxe Pressure Dial Gauge : this gauge registers all available processing pressure ranges, and makes cooking at high altitudes an enjoyable activity.
Complete Cooking and Recipe Instruction Booklet : this comes with the canner and cooker to cater for easier handling, in a way that everyone can understand how to use it.
Stay-Cool Handles and a Strong lock Steel : these handles are put plainly to prevent people from burning or injuring themselves while using this pressure cooker and canner. The strong lock steel keeps steam in the cooker without any leakages, thus safety is maintained.
These many features are a plus, and thus the Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker has many advantages. They include:
- It has a large volume of 23 quarts, and this makes cooking and canning of large amounts of food easier as the food will be cooked once.
- Has very many safety features. These features are a sturdy steel lid, pop-up pressure indicator, an overpressure plug to let out surplus steam and an internal sealing ring, which when combined offers the user safety while handling it.
- It comes with a 12-year warranty. A warranty is vital as the pressure cooker can be returned to the vendor in case there is a breakage or a malfunction of the cooker.
- The instructions that come with the cooker have additional recipes to help users prepare the best food.
- Easy maintenance. Cleaning this cooker and canner is simple and easy because all that is needed to clean it are water and soap and it can be washed normally.
- Improved Performance. This pressure canner and cooker is the best of its kind, and pressure regulation is done easily, while cooking and canning food very fast and efficient too.
- It is multi-functional. From its name, this pressure cooker doubles up as both a pressure canner and a pressure cooker, therefore can cook a wider variety of foods.
- It prepares healthy foods. This is because the safest method recommended by the USDA to cook low acid foods is pressure canning, and this work is done by this pressure canner and cooker.
What are the Cons?
Although it has many benefits, some disadvantages are present in this pressure cooker and canner. They are:
- The huge size can be cumbersome to move. If you have a small family, this huge size can be a burden as moving and handling it will be quite difficult.
- Most people prefer stainless steel to aluminum. Even though it is made from heavy-gauge aluminum, most people will tend to go for pressure cookers made from stainless steel.
- Periodic replacements of the pressure plug and rubber gasket. These features need to be replaced occasionally, and since the company does not offer them free, they have to be bought by the user at additional costs.
- Cannot be used on ceramic or glass top stoves. Due to its immense heat production, it will cause these stove tops to crack and even break.
Any person who has written a Presto 01781 Pressure Canner and Cooker Review has praised this outstanding canner and cooker. Their reviews are backed by its high performance level and additional safety hazards, which make it easy to use. This pressure canner and cooker is a wise investment to any cook, who will get to buy a canner and cooker for one price. It a very good choice to anyone in pursuit of a larger cooker that offers resounding results in both pressure canning and cooking.