Pressure cooker is a kitchen appliance that works on a simple principle. The sealed pot with steam inside, creates up a lot of pressure that eventually helps your food cook faster. These appliances are great and cooks food faster while retaining vitamins and minerals which can be lost when using others methods of cooking. The functioning of a pressure cooker is very simple as indicated above. The cooker is a completely sealed pot that has valves which helps in controlling the steam pressure inside. The moment the liquid inside heats up to form a steam, the steam will then raise the pressure inside. This steam will then raise the boiling point of water in the pot helping the food to cook fast. This pressure forces the liquid and moisture into the food helping them cook fast. The extra heat of pressure cooker also promotes browning and caramelizing of food. Pressure cooker cooks food that has high flavor and complex.
How to test a pressure cooker
If this is the first time you are using the pressure cooker, it is therefore important to have some basics on how to use the device safely. The following is the basic mechanisms of testing the pressure cooker :
- Know what your pressure cooker does. It is important to know that the moment you turn on the device, the heat will produce steam that helps in cooking food quicker by raising the boiling point.
- Check to ensure that there is no cracks or dents in the pressure cooker before you use it. Also ensure that it has no leftover food.
- Know how to fill your pressure cooker. Always ensure there is some liquid in the pressure cooker before cooking anything
- Understand the trivet and steamer basket. Steamer basket carries seafood, vegetables and fruits while trivet is the stand of the basket
- Prepare the food that you are going to cook
- Determine the amount of water you will put in the pressure cooker. You can do this by consulting the manual if you are not sure
- Place your food that you are going to cook inside your pressure cooker
- Take off the weighted pressure regulator or safety valve and close the lid of the pressure cooker properly
- Wait for your pressure cooker to gain some pressure
- Reduce the heat to lower levels for the cooker to continue simmering
- Turn the heat off the moment your food is well cooked depending on the amount of time given in the recipe
- Lower the pressure in the cooker
- Check to ensure that there is no pressure left inside the cooker
- Carefully remove the lid
The pretty thing about the pressure cooker is that it can cook food fast compared to other methods of cooking. How to test the pressure cooker is very simple. You will only follow the simple steps indicated above and you will be done with process. Pressure cookers come in different models and majority of them can cook and steam quicker than you can imagine. This device retains the vitamins and minerals of your food making the food test better. This device is really fascinating and good for majority of users. This is a kitchen tool that you should not miss in your kitchen.