Pressure cooker are one of the most important appliance that we should have in our kitchen. With this device in your kitchen, you will be able to enjoy a delicious and sumptuous meals any time. The only thing you will do is to place all your ingredients in the pressure cooker and wait for few minutes for your meals to be ready. Since the pressure cooker only takes few minutes to prepare you a delicious meal, this machine is also best at saving energy and time. The user can do other works as he waits for the pressure cooker to do the cooking. It is a simple to use machine with few instructions to follow for you to complete the process. The pressure cooker prepares food while retaining its nutrients and flavor compared to normal cooking. These pressure cookers are normally sold in different models with different sizes and features. Some are made of aluminum while others are made of stainless steel. It is upon the user to choose the best pressure cooker that meets his or her requirements.
How to make a pressure cooker soup
The following are simple steps on how to prepare a pressure cooker soup
Prepare different kinds of food for pressure cooking
- Preparing poultry and meat requires you to season the meat before you put it in the pressure cooker. Ensure that you brown your meat first for a maximum flavor. This can be done by heating small amount of oil in the cooker using medium high heat. Never put the lid on as the process continues. Put your meat in the pressure cooker and then brown it. You can also brown your meat in the pan before you cook it in the pressure cooker
- Seafood preparation: wash your seafood and place it on the pressure cooker steamer basket with at least a cup of the liquid. Put some vegetable oil on the steamer basket as you prepare fish so that it does not stick around the basket.
- Preparation of chickpeas and dry beans: soak the beans in the water for 4 to 6 hours and never add salt to water that they are soaked in. Drain the beans and place them in a pressure cooker. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Preparation of grains and rice: soak pearl barley and wheat grain berries in lukewarm water for 4 hours. Never soak oats and rice
- Preparation of vegetables: wash your fresh vegetables and place them in a steamer basket. A lot of vegetables are normally cooked with a cup of water in a bottom of a pressure cooker when the vegetable only requires to cook for five minutes. You can use one cup of water if the cooking time is five to ten minutes and two cups of water if your cooking time is ten to twenty minutes
- Determine the amount of water you require to put in the pressure cooker
- Place your food in the pressure cooker
- Take off the weighted pressure regulator and then close the lid of the pressure cooker properly
- Wait for the cooker to gain some pressure
- Lower the level of heat for proper cooking
- Remove your food from the pressure cooker and then serve your meals
Pressure cooker is one of the simplest mechanism for cooking. This process is simple and direct compared to other common methods of cooking. It cooks food fast hence saving you a lot of time and energy. Pressure cooking also retains the nutrients and flavor of your meals. How to cook a pressure cooker soup is very simple, you will only follow the above steps and your soup will be ready in few minutes. This is one product that you should not miss to have in your kitchen more especially if you have not used one before.