The new electric pressure cookers are not like the old models. These cookers has ability to do great things. No need of watching constantly these cookers to keep them from getting hot and blowing your food all over the room. They have a lot of built-in safety functions and features such as the locking pin that prevents the lid of the cooker from being opened under high pressure. It is also equipped with the shut-off valve which engages before the pressure exceeds its maximum. These systems are easy and simple to use and cooks food faster compared to old models. Most of them have high and low settings while others have keep warm functions. It reheats cooked food to keep it warm and brown which enables the user brown the food before he cooks the food under pressure. Below are tips on how to cook chicken in electric pressure cooker.
How to cook chicken in electric pressure cooker
- The most important thing before you cook your chicken in an electric pressure cooker, is to carefully read the pressure cooker manual for cooking chicken.
- Combine salt, flour and pepper in the zipper style food storage bag and cut up your chicken if needed
- Toss the pieces of chicken in the seasoned flour mixture and heat small amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan
- Brown the chicken pieces and then remove browned pieces of chicken to the plate
- Drain the excess fat off and add some water into it. If your chicken does not have a lot of fats, you can as well cook it like that
- Place the pressure cooker trivet in the pan and add your chicken pieces
- Secure the lid of the pressure onto the pot and engage the pressure regulator
- Following the directions of the manual, engage pressure regulator and quickly bring up into 15 pounds pressure
- Reduce the pressure heat into a point where pressure regulator is either in correct or rocking position showing the pressurization
- Preheat the broiler and line the jelly roll baking the pan with the foil. Make sure it is completely rolled
- Spray the baking pan using a nonstick cooking spray
- Cook your chicken for 12 to 15 minutes in your electric pressure cooker
- Let it cool naturally for five minutes and then release the pressure if need be.
- Carefully remove the lid of the pressure cooker and cooked chicken pieces into the prepared baking pan
- Broil it until it is crispy and you are finished with the process
The above tips on how to cook chicken in electric pressure cooker will effectively guide you on how best you can prepare your chicken using electric pressure cooker. It is advisable to always follow the directions given on the manual for a certain recipe. Electric pressure cooking is always safe if you properly use it as required. It is also important to ensure that the valve or vent system are clear. Electric pressure cooker are easy and safe to use. These unit system cook faster compared to old system of cooking. Majority of customers have chosen this method of cooking and they recommend it to those individuals who have not used it before.