An electric pressure cooker makes your cooking easy, predictable and more enjoyable. It creates healthier and tasty food than traditional cooking methods. It uses little liquid and traps all the steam in the unit. The trapped heat is distributed for even for quality cooking. You will realize that pressure cookers are a healthy alternative. Electric pressure cookers retain all the nutrients and vitamins in your food. They also offer a fast cooking method for a variety of foods.
Pressure cooker maintains cleanliness and neatness in your kitchen. You won’t have to deal with odor or any spills because pressure cookers hold the right capacity of your food. Most of these units come with a recipe book to guide your cooking. The recipe book includes many unique recipes.
With the best electric pressure cooker, you will be sure to cook delicious food for your family. These electric pressure cooker reviews will make your selection simple.
Table Of Contents
- How to choose the best electric pressure cooker
- Best electric pressure cooker reviews 2019
- Best smallest electric pressure cookers
- Best 6-quart electric pressure cookers
- 2. Instant Pot DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, 6 Quart | 1000W ( I Highly Recommend )
- 3. Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt
- 4. Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
- 5. Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker ( I Highly Recommend )
- 6. T-fal CY505E 12-in-1 Programmable Electric Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker with 25 Built-In Smart Programs / Ceramic Nonstick Cooking Pot and Stainless Steel Housing 1000-Watts, 6-Quart
- Best 8-quart electric pressure cookers
- Best large electric pressure cookers
- What is an electric pressure cooker?
- Benefits of using electric pressure cooker
- How to use an electric pressure cooker safety?
- How to clean an electric pressure cooker?
How to choose the best electric pressure cooker
You should be careful when selecting a pressure cooker because there are various designs in the market today. We shall give an insight of the features and specifications that you should consider when buying an electric pressure cooker.
Intended use: Before buying any pressure cooker you should be aware of its cooking options. If you want to sterilize your water while on a camp, you will choose a different cooker from the one who wants for cooking only.
The energy efficiency: Many people and mostly the college students don’t like spending much of their time in the kitchen. To avoid this, you should select a great pressure cooker that saves your energy. Some electric pressure cookers save energy up to 70% and speed your cooking by 2-6 times.
The Interior Materials: The material of your pressure cooker is an important factor that you need to consider when choosing a pressure cooker. Although the interior and exterior material of the pressure cooker is usually the same, many people prefer the stainless steel ones. This eliminates the worries of health issues because there are no coating marks in your gadget.
Safety: For your safety and that of your family members, you should be very keen when handling your pressure cooker. Its safety features are vital especially for first-time users. This is due to the fact that pressure cookers work under the principle of built-up pressure and an intense amount of steam. You need to get yourself an appliance that comes with pressure indicators, effective release valves, and secure lid locks to avoid destructive blast in your kitchen.
The Brand: Many manufacturers make pressure cookers today. While picking one, be very confident that it features all your desires. And also it has been in business for many years with a good reputation. This is important because over time you may need to replace parts on your pressure cooker. The company needs to be still running for you to purchase replacement pieces. And in case it breaks up, your warranty will still be available. Make sure you buy a pressure cooker from reputable retailers and check if they sell the replacement parts. Lastly, choose a pressure cooker that is approved by UL or other qualified testing organizations. This lets you know that your pressure cooker meets all the electrical standards.
The cost: You need to consider your budget when planning to get a pressure cooker. You should be aware that most of the pressure cooker prices fluctuate tremendously because of their models and manufacturers. Also, the upgrades of the replaceable features increase the cost. Although a low price is automatically not a good deal, buy a pressure cooker that’s worth your cash. But a pricier option might satisfy more of your cooking needs.
Best electric pressure cooker reviews 2019
|Elestric Pressure Cooker||Dimensions||Size/Watt||Watt||Material Type||Editor’s Rating|
|COSORI 2.1 Qt 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker||6.7 x 6.7 x 4.3|
|Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker|| 14.17 x 14.84 x 13.31|
|Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||13.4 x 12.2 x 12.5|
|Instant Pot IP-Smart Bluetooth-Enabled Multifunctional Pressure Cooker||13 x 12.6 x 12.2|
|Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker||13.18 x 12.2 x 12.5|
|T-fal CY505E 12-in-1 Programmable Electric Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker||12.63 x 12.63 x 14.68|
|Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||14.8 x 13.18 x 14.01|
|Elite Platinum EPC-808 Maxi-Matic 8 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker||15 x 15.3 x 15|
|Pressure Pro Pressure Cooker- 10qt||38 x 37 x 38|
|GoWISE USA 12-Quart 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker XL||15 x 13 x 16|
Best smallest electric pressure cookers
1. COSORI Electric Pressure Cooker 2 Quart Mini Rice Cookware, Digital Non-Stick 7-in-1 Multi-Function 800W
Create tasty meals in smaller batches for your family with the COSORI electric pressure cooker .It naturally keeps vitamins and nutrients of your cooking food. This pressure cooker offers 7 different cooking methods to enjoy. It makes you spend less time tired in your kitchen.
This appliance traps steam inside for even distribution. It comes with 12 cooking programs to choose from. Allowing you to steam, stew or even bake your favorite meals. Its intuitive control panel makes it simple to program your cooking settings. It also features an easy-to-read LED display. A built-in timer is meant for easy pre-setting.
You can carry this gadget with you on a trip. Also, healthy home-cooked meals can be ready on demand, or prepared for multiple days all at once.
- Dishwasher safe inner pot
- Easy to use and store
- Can prepare pre-meals
- Highly portable
- Doesn’t remember you last settings
- This cooking appliance may not be ideal for baking
Best 6-quart electric pressure cookers
The Instant Pot DUO60 7-in-1 is a smart electric pressure cooker designed to ease your cooking. It gives you the desired results of your food. With this pressure cooker, you are sure to get fast quality results. You will also not overcook delicate foods like cakes because it features low cooking pressure. The automatic keep-warm program holds the temperature of the food allowing you to serve some hours after cooking.
It’s built with a 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution. It is a fully sealed gadget to trap flavors, nutrients, and aromas within your food. The inner pot is extremely durable so that you will use it for an extended time. It also leaves no health concerns because it has no coating marks. It also allows you to keep your cooking time and adjust heating intensity for amazing results of your meal. Its slim body design has lid holders for both left and right-handed users.
This cooking gadget prevents messy spills in your kitchen. It encourages healthy cooking for your family. It also stops your food from getting spoiled or poisoned causing harm to your loved ones.
- Dual pressure settings
- Adjustable settings
- Easy to use by the pressing of a button
- Remembers your last custom settings
- Doesn’t come with a mobile app
- Lacks Bluetooth connectivity
3. Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt
Make your cooking easy and more enjoyable with Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 pressure cooker. It’s a stainless steel cooking pot for healthy cooking. Your healthy is further guaranteed since it doesn’t have any chemical coatings. The cooking pot, steam rack, and lid are dishwasher safe for effortless washing.
For fast and flexible cooking, this kitchen gadget reduces your time by 70 percent. The low pressure avoids overcooking your delicate dishes. It also retains much of the nutrients in your food. The lid fits in place to prevent steam leakage giving you delicious results.
It’s a programmable kitchen appliance with advanced microprocessor technology. This helps you adjust your cooking heat intensity. It also avoids over steaming your dishes. It has been designed with 3 pressure cook programs; Egg program, Cake program and Sterilize program. Egg program helps you to prepare perfect eggs in just a few minutes. The cake program is designed to allow you pressure cook soft and moist cakes. Lastly, the Sterilize program helps you to pasteurize milk, sterilize baby bottles and do canning.
It’s designed with a large blue LCD display, which allows you to adjust your cooking settings even at night. You can also adjust pressure levels and keep-warm on/off at any time during the cooking process.
This kitchen appliance has 4 conspicuous icons for easy setting. The ‘Heat’ indicates your heating or cooking progress, ‘Pressure Cook’ indicates the pressure cook program you have selected, ‘Keep Warm’ indicates if it is on/off, and ‘Sound’ indicates if the sound is on/off when you start or stop your cooking.
- Automatic presetting modes
- Large blue LCD screen for easy viewing
- Easy to use and maintain
- High energy efficient
- No Bluetooth connectivity
- It’s more expensive compared to its competitors
4. Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
The instant pot smart bluetooth multi-use programmable pressure cooker is great for those who want precision cooking. It’s a well programmable kitchen appliance making your cooking easy. It features Bluetooth connectivity to help you monitor your cooking progress. This gadget comes with a free app that allows you to program your cooking steps. You can also share your popular recipes with friends.
This pressure cooker speeds up to 2-6 times and uses 70% less energy. This amount of heat helps to retain the desired nutrients in your food. It’s also built with 14 Smart programs to help you prepare the most delicious food of your choice. You can either prepare Yogurt, Soup, Meat/Stew or steam your food.
It features presets modes for fast and flexible cooking. The automatic temperature mode holds the temperature of your food until you are ready to serve. This pressure cooker features a 24 hours delay cooking option. It does not generate any noise or leak steam. It also traps your food aroma and nutrients without heating your kitchen.
For healthy home cooking, you can consider this kitchen appliance. It greatly improves your cooking results and maintains consistency. Instant Pot is well designed to eliminate common errors that may cause your food to get spoiled.
- Bluetooth connectivity for monitoring the cooking process
- Programmable pre-settings for easy and fast cooking
- Dishwasher safe for quick washing
- Stainless steel cooking pot for healthy cooking
- Microprocessor technology to adjust heating intensity and duration
- The 24-hour cooking mode may fail
- It might not be very durable
5. Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker ( I Highly Recommend )
When you choose the Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6-in-1, you will get 6 appliances in one. In addition to the pressure cooker, you will also get egg and cake program. Other excellent options include warmer, steamer and slow cooker. It features 12 Smart Built-In Programs allowing you to cook a variety of foods. Preparing your favorite foods will be easy as pressing a button.
You will appreciate the 240 minutes pressure-cooking provided by this pressure cooker. It keeps your meals warm for up to 10 hours so you can serve later when your food is still hot. This option allows you to cook and serve your food later. It’s a well programmable kitchen appliance with advanced microprocessor technology. It helps you monitor temperature, pressure and keep time.
This pressure cooker is ULC, and UL certified for safe cooking and handling. Regardless of the food that you want to cook, you will be safe in the kitchen. In the case of an electric fault, you are also sure of enough safety. It features 3 temperature modes for even heat distribution. It has high-pressure settings which save your time. It also speeds up your cooking allowing you spend much time with your doing other chores.
- Features 12 smart built-in programs
- Offers 240 minutes of pressure cooking
- ULC and UL certified for safety
- Keeps your food warm for about 10 hours
- It doesn’t cook great rice
- The lid can become very hot and burn your hands
If you want a highly affordable pressure cooker, the T-fal CY505E 12-in-1 pressure cooker will be a good choice. It’s very affordable, yet it doesn’t compromise the quality of your foods. You can cook small batches of your favorite food with much ease.
It has 25 different cooking program options to make your cooking easy. The 12 automatic functions help you cook your perfect meals at the touch of a button. You can bake, prepare baby food or steam your food. You can also cook with the lid open, during certain programs for more versatility.
This beautiful stainless steel gives you healthy food results. You can delay the start of your cooking up to 24 hours later. This kitchen appliance keeps your food warm until when ready for serving. It also comes with a recipe book with 30 different unique recipes. You can prepare your own favorite recipes and select the perfect cooking temperature from 105 to 320 F.
- 25 different cooking options
- 4-layer ceramic cooking pot
- Recipe book with 30 unique recipes
- Comes with a detachable cord
- Has a small capacity of 6.3-quart
- Not very durable
Best 8-quart electric pressure cookers
7. Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 8 Quart/1200W
The Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 is designed for those who want a fast cooking solution. It prepares dishes up to 70% faster supporting your busy lifestyle. It’s designed with 10 safety mechanisms to make your cooking safer and practical. This kitchen appliance features pressure regulator to ensure your cooking pressure is within the safe limit. The anti-blockage vent prevents your food debris from blocking the vent. This leads to evenly distribution of heat in the entire unit, cooking your food evenly.
Its safety lid lock prevents accidental opening of the cooker. The lid is designed with a sensor to monitor its position. It prevents the aroma of your food from escaping for quality results.
The healthy stainless steel inner cooking pot features food grade 304. It has no chemical coating and has a 3-ply bottom ensuring the heat distributes evenly. This unit features 3rd generation technology making your cooking predictable. It’s UL and ULC certified for safety.
It comes with all the attachments that you need for instant cooking without making an additional purchase. The accessories include stainless steel rack, rice paddle, soup spoon and condensation collector.
- Cooks 70% faster than conventional pressure cookers
- UL and ULC certified for safety
- Come with all the accessories you require for instant cooking
- Features 14 smart programs for great cooking
- It is a cheap appliance for those who want high-end gadget
- It is not perfect for cooking delicate foods
8. Elite Platinum EPC-808 Maxi-Matic 8 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
The Elite Platinum EPC-808 electric pressure cooker cooks a wide range of delicious dishes in a fraction of the time. It comes with 19 multifunctions, all that you need to eliminate most of the kitchen appliances. You can use this appliance to cook brown rice, grains, vegetable and even potatoes.
Attractive brushed stainless steel housing will appear great in your kitchen. Plus it comes was a removable metal non-stick cooking pot for instant cleanup. You will appreciate the convenient browning function that pre-browns meats before cooking. A29 hour delay timer will allow you to program when you want the cooking to begin. It comes in handy when you want your cooking to start a few hours later.
- 19 multifunction’s for cooking a variety of foods.
- Non-stick interior cooking pot
- Quiet, easy and stress-free cooking
- Touchpad control with led display easy to set and monitor
- Steam leaks from the top
- No Bluetooth connectivity to monitor your cooking
Best large electric pressure cookers
9. Power Pressure Cooker XL 10 Qt
The 10 quart Power Pressure Cooker has a large cooking capacity. It is ideal for canning, soup making, and streaming meals in the touch of a button. This digital pressure cooker saves your time, energy and money. With this pressure cooker, you will get café quality results in your home kitchen.
It features a one-touch preset button for quick operation. The safe lock lid is meant to increase your safety while cooking. Unlike your ordinary pressure cookers, this model is ideal for canning. If you choose this appliance, you will replace up to six common kitchen devices. It can work in place of a rice cooker, steamer, cookware and slow cooker.
If you want juicy, succulent meals, this pressure cooker might be a great choice. You will realize that it’s worth the value of your cash.
- Safe lock lid enhances your safety
- Has a large capacity
- Delivers juicy foods each time
- Great for canning at home
- Might be a pain to clean
- The coating seems to scratch
10. GoWISE USA 12-Quart 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker XL
Create enticing meals in minutes with the GoWISE USA 10 in 1 electric pressure cooker. This unit traps steam inside while building pressure to increase cooking temperatures. It allows your food to cook twice as fast as conventional cooking methods. It has 16 built-in smart programs, 12 cooking presets, which makes it perfect and unique. You can cook different meals and get great results.
It features 2 LED LCD displays for cooking time and pressure. It also has a delay timer for cooking food at a certain time. You can view your settings even at night. The fully adjust your cooking time and pressure allows for customized cooking. It allows you to prepare a variety of dishes at the comfort of your kitchen.
- Easy to start and stop your cooking
- Adjustable timer and pressure modes
- 2 LED LCD displays for easy viewing
- Easy to cleanup
- It has a little capacity
- It can’t be used for canning.
An electric pressure cooker is an excellent kitchen appliance for those who want to have healthy, tasty and faster meal. You should be cautious to select the best electric pressure cooker model of your needs. An electric pressure cooker is a good investment for your quality cooking at home. It will serve both of you and your family for a couple of years. However, it’s very important to compare several pressure cooker models when making a choice. We hope the electric pressure cooker reviews were useful and will guide you making a purchase. Also remember to check the energy efficiency, interior and exterior material, programmable features and the built-in programs.
What is an electric pressure cooker?
- An electric pressure cooker is a kitchen gadget that allows you use water or other cooking liquid. Pressure is created by boiling a liquid like water or broth, inside the closed pressure cooker. It’s well sealed prevent steam from escaping below the preset pressure. The trapped steam increases the internal pressure and allows the temperature to rise. It cooks food faster than conventional cooking method. It can cook different types of food like rice, soup making, baking and much more. The pressure is evenly distributed on the cooker preventing overcooking but cooking your food cook evenly.
- The main parts of a pressure cooker include lid, inner pot, electric heating element, and pressure or temperature sensors. The lid is well sealed to trap all the steam and also retain the food nutrients and flavor. The inner pot holds varying capacities of food. The electrical heating element provides conventional pressure to the entire unit. The pressure and temperature sensor alert in case of overheating the gadget.
- A pressure cooker is a great cooking gadget because it allows you control your cooking. The adjustable and auto-settings make your cooking stress-free. The microprocessor technology also controls the unit temperature, pressure and time too. You only set your unit and wait for your food to be ready.
- Some tips will make your cooking enjoyable when using a pressure cooker. You can time cooking either manually or by set-up modes. You shouldn’t open the pressure cooker while cooking is in progress. This prevents evaporating of food nutrients and escape of the steam.
Benefits of using electric pressure cooker
- An electrical pressure cooker saves your energy and also speeds your cooking. By this, you can prepare varieties of food within a short time. This helps you do other daily home chores peacefully. It uses a minimum quantity of liquid not to leach the nutrients. Since it uses a short time to cook, vitamins are relatively preserved.
- The pressure cooker can cook various foods together. The pressure is very high which kills most of the micro-organisms in your food. Due to this pressure; you can sterilize baby bottles or water. The low pressure helps you control the cooking progress for your delicate foods.
- It cooks mouth-watering meals quickly and easily. Its precise cooking maintains the desired flavor of your food. It also keeps your food warm for long hours in parties or gatherings.
- The best and ideal pressure cooker contributes to the hygiene of your kitchen. The food holding capacity positions the food correctly. This makes your kitchen environment less untidy and easy to clean up.
How to use an electric pressure cooker safety?
An electrical pressure cooker is easy to use in your kitchen.
- First, you need to prepare your ingredients and place them in the inner pot of your cooker slowly. The pressure cooker is well designed to prevent your food debris from clogging in the pressure. However, before placing your ingredients in the unit remove excess food debris or make them short. You then set or adjust your settings to have delicious results.
- To fit the lid of the pressure cooker, place onto base unit and twist the handle slowly to avoid damage. Make sure that the safety release pin on the lid and the condensation pot are aligned on the back of your pressure cooker. To remove the lid once you’re done with your cooking, turn the steam release valve to release pressure.
- The lid sensor warns you when it’s in an unsafe position. This gives you the complete control of your cooking. When the pressure or temperature exceeds the safe range, the unit shuts off automatically.
- While the cooker is in use, you don’t need to open to monitor the cooking progress. It will notify you once the food is ready. Turn off your pressure cooker if you need to and release pressure before opening. In case your unit overheats, turn off the power and disconnect manually to avoid fire hazards.
How to clean an electric pressure cooker?
- Always unplug your pressure cooker before cleaning.
- Separate the lid and interior pot for effective cleaning.
- Wipe the exterior with a microfiber cloth using soapy and warm water and buff dry. Avoid wetting the button panel for long lasting and safety regulations.
- While cleaning your pressure cooker inside, pull out the high-polish stainless steel inserted. And wash in the dishwasher or with soapy and warm water too. You can remove the stubborn spots by scouring with baking soda. Also, use a damp microfiber cloth to remove any spills within the housing unit or around the appliance rim.
- To remove odors, soak your pressure cooker in a bowl filled with 4 cups of hot water for 15 minutes and then rinse letting it fully dry before reinserting. Gently remove the silicone ring from the lid and wash by hand or use a dishwasher safe. You can also soak it in soapy and warm water to remove odor. Once your cooker is dry enough, you can reinsert for further cooking.
- When you clean your pressure cooker parts well, the cooking experience becomes more healthy, clean and pleasant. This prevents health issues in your entire family. It also avoids the suffocating experience of messy spills in your kitchen, giving you conducive environment in your kitchen.
For amazing kitchen results, you should consider getting one of the best electric pressure cookers. Electric pressure cookers come with elegant features that allow you to cook stress-free. Once you place your ingredients in the pot, adjust your settings and wait for your food to be ready. Since pressure cookers have a small footprint, they save your kitchen space.
Our electric pressure cooker reviews offer you all the information that you need to know when making a selection. It’s important to consider the price and avoid the lower quality bargain cookers. This impacts your cooking experience and quick replacement of your replaceable unit parts.
As a beginner or a pro cooker, it’s now the right time to get a new electric pressure cooker. We hope the electric pressure cooker reviews have given you a straightforward guide to selecting an ideal device. Ensure your pressure cooker serves your needs and that of the entire family.